Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wild Things

Where are the wild things?

They are deep inside of us- the place we often dare not go.
Where truth lies and darkness flourishes against the sun-kissed moon of shimmering silver. Here in the wild, wolves howl in the night, trees stir violently from the billowing wind, and fires burn in our memory of invisible paths across fields of broken branches and smoldering fumes.

We jump into the fire, unafraid of the burn.
It feels good because it is a reminder that we are alive, and that we no longer need that pack of cigarettes or fifth glass of wine. We can breathe deeply, run to the other end of town, and take chances others miss. We notice opportunities masked by the night.

All is seen and nothing is feared.

To be wild is to not condone the restrained, austere comforts consistently enforced. We choose not to live that way because we do not like sixty hour work weeks in an office cubicle, monotonously driving to and from a prison of surface level relationships and false meaning, for wasted hour upon wasted hour.

The wild things are creators,
Lovers, protectors, and seekers of meaning that feed off the land.
They believe in the natural world and avoid synthetic safety.
They embrace the challenges that come, and under the pattern of constellations drawn up above,
They are home.


I follow the path marked by my passionate ancestors, and often stray toward a place of transformation in various shades- my own uncertain, undiscovered path.
I am accompanied by a lurking shadow that I have become all too familiar with and often call by my name. A figure formed by bravery and strength that transcends my own. My path is strung with leaves of every colour, now dried out and glowing in silent hues of white, saturated with glorious history.

I’m on a mission to discover the wild imprisoned in all.

With plenty of matches at my disposal, I need to form an escape plan. I want to watch the embers burn in abundance, to release a flame so vibrant that everyone will feel the warmth. The ultimate spark of curiosity and inhibited, fearless inspiration will be ignited.

The wild things are here and now.


And it is my soul howling.

No comments:

Post a Comment